Friday, March 27, 2009

Thing 10

First I went back and added tags/labels to quite a few of my posts. I like that feature b/c it can help me search different blogs in the future, but also it can remind me of what is in my own blogs. I usually just write the thing number as the title and from my dashboard that is all I see. So I may not remember what every Thing was about, but now I have tags to remind me.

Then I continued to read about Delicious. I find the idea a very cool one, and the video was helpful. I explored the NEFLIN23things account and found a couple of interesting sites that were saved. The StumbleUpon was pretty funny. I looked at Reddit quite a bit. I might even put that on my own account. Then I actually made an account and added some of my own bookmarks that I have on my home computer. I'm still not familiar enough with it to be all that confident in it, but I do like what I have seen. I'll continue to play around with it in the furture. I can deffinately see how a library could use this. On our homepage we have what is called Great Links that any one can use. It is just a list of websites that can be helpful. It has everything from weather websites to pages of reccommending books to mystery readers. Delicious is like an updated, cooler, personal thing of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment