Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thing 5: Flickr

I think I could really have some fun with this site because when ever I'm bored I like to look at photographs. Sometimes I use sites like Google or just go around looking at friends photos on Facebook or Myspace. I would have to say that my favorite kind of random photos to look at are ones where people have captured the beauty or nature. I love nature, however I don't actually like being outside. Yes I know, I'm odd, you don't have to tell me. I think nature has so much beauty in it but I don't like heat, bugs, and well mostly the heat, this is Florida after all. So back the Flickr. At first I typed in "Twilight" looking for pictures about the book, but these gorgeous pictures came up of twilight scenes that were simply breath taking. Of all the ones I looked at I think this one was my favorite.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrysti/1325073702/page2/

I thought maybe this person had more pictures like this so I went to her profile, ArtByChrysti, and she has so many gorgeous pictures. She has over 4,000 pictures on her profile on Flickr. I only got to look at the first few pages, but from what I can tell they are just the kind of thing I love. There were several with trees in them and that is one of my favorite subjects in art. It gets even better though. With every photo she posts she adds a quote or poem in the captions. She quotes some famous people like William Blake, and Shakespeare. She even has some of her own thoughts as captions. These pictures are remarkably done. So much so that I'm going to go look at some more.

Laterz




No comments:

Post a Comment