I tried searching for the same exact thing on a couple of different of the search engines that the website provided and here is what happened. On the Search Engine Journal and About.com I only got 117 results, they look to be the exact same results too. I didn't really like that I only got a few results, or the fact that they were the same links on two seperate search engines. I thought the whole point of going to a different search engine was to find different option from the first one.
Well, then I tried Techbirati and I got over 4,000 results that didn't look to be the same. I was pleased with the much higher number of results and the different points of view it offered. I also browsed the advanced settings for all of these search engines and was again most pleased with Techbirati. I think my favorite part of all of it was under the advanced search options of
Techbirati, one of the options was listed as "NONE of thes words." Which of course means that the word your searching for isn't in the blog at all. I don't think I have ever seen that and it cracked me up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

dont you mean technorati?
ReplyDeleteyeah yeah, i'm a dork who can't spell, leave me alone.
ReplyDelete